The aim of landing pages is to rank for specific keywords – often long tail keywords. The links below are just a few examples from the many hundreds of these pages I have written.
A good landing page needs to appeal both to the search engine but also the human that ends up reading the page. A page that ranks well but doesn’t engage the user is a failure, so too the page that is brilliantly written but doesn’t appear in the search listings.
Writing blog posts for clients is a highly specialised task. The writer may know little, if anything about the topic – I can’t say I was an expert on airspace development (or breast implants for that matter)… Despite this, the author has to produce informative, compelling copy that is written in a style that matches the business’ overall tone of voice.
Some companies want a very formal tone, others something far chattier, humorous even (I have a blog post that delves into the benefits of humour in blogs). The blog author has to be able to write in the desired style rather than seeking to impose their own interpretation.
- A Complete Guide To Airspace Development
- Periodontitis or Gingivitis: What’s the difference?
- Will Britain See A Cycling Boom Post Covid-19?
- Should I Rent or Buy A Motorhome?
- How Do Invisible Braces Work?
- Conservatory v Extension v Loft Conversion
- What are the Main Types Of Breast Implants Available?
- The Pros and Cons Of Waterjet cutting
- The Most Unusual Workplace Benefits…
- How To Choose The Right Logo Mat
When not writing on niche topics, I like to write about other niche topics. Here are a few examples of what I would term ‘writing for pleasure’ (not that writing about steel tubing suppliers in Bolton wasn’t for pleasure).
- Kurt Angle on his hardest task – making an Olympic return
- My Motivation For Running The London Marathon
- Data Journalism: Which Premier League Fans Are Happiest With Their Squad
- Concern For A Different Child
- Long-Tail Keywords: What They Are And Why They Matter
- Poker Column For The Daily Record (Archive via The Free Library)
- SEO And Sport – The Potential In ‘Unknown’ Names
- An Interview With International Cricket’s Most Under-rated Bowler
- A Feature on The Enigmatic Nicolas Anelka (An Oldie, But One Of My Best)
- The Travel Review That Got Me In Trouble With The Holiday Provider…
I would love to link to this, but the bloody link has expired. Disgraceful – what do we pay that licence fee for…
Anyway, I’ve added a couple of examples in the image gallery below. These newsletter had superb CTRs and received positive feedback from users.
If you want a newsletter establishing for your business, get in touch…